Wednesday 5 November 2014

Book launch party!

Two posts in 1 week from me, that's a rarity.  But my book launch is sneaking up much faster than I realised and I wanted to share the exciting details.  I have been really touched at how generous companies have been providing fabulous freebies for the goodie bags and raffle prizes.


First of all the where and when, if you click on the image above you'll see full details but it's on the evening on Friday 14th November at The Exeter Sewing Machine Company.  I wanted it to be at the end of the week so everyone could relax and enjoy a few free drinks :-)

It also happens to be the same evening as Children In Need so we will be fundraising for them during the evening.  We have a load of lovely raffle prizes and every £1 donated to charity will give 1 ticket into the raffle, plus you'll get a ticket for any purchases made on the night - and there's a 10% discount!

My book will be available at a discounted price, £9.99 instead of £12.99, plus if you'd like it signed I'll have my pen at the ready.  There will also be lots of crafters, bloggers and creative entrepreneurs there for you to mix with.

Just some of the goodie bag contents...

Best of all thanks to the generosity of Search Press, Hantex, Korbond, Coats Crafts and Exeter Sewing Machine Shop we have the most amazing goodie bags!   There are 50 so it will be first come first served, the event is starting at 6.30 so best to aim for that time if you can.  The contents of the goodie bags are split between me and Jenna at the sewing shop so I'll show you the ones I have..


Haberdashery from Korbond
Haberdashery suppliers Korbond have kindly provided not 1 but 3 gifts for each goodie bag!  Every bag will have the adorable spotty embroidery scissors pictured above, plus a chalk wheel and chalk refills.  Plus if you popover to their Facebook page you can enter their giveaway to win £200 of sewing supplies from their new Creations range.

Beautiful Art Gallery Fabrics from Hantex

My lovely friends at craft distributors Hantex have kindly provided an Art Gallery Fabric pack for every goodie bag.  Each pack contains a fat quarter of one of the new Art Gallery collections plus samples for a couple of the other ranges.  The packs are from several different collections including Katy Jones fabulous Priory Square which isn't on sale until December.   Visit this page for details of where to buy AGF in the UK.

Free craft book for everyone too
My publishers Search Press have kindly provided a free craft book for every goodie bag, yap a whole book with 20 craft projects in.  Part of their popular 20 to Make series.  They have a 3 for 2 offer on the 20 to Make books here.

Raffle prizes
I also have some lovely raffle prizes, craft books from Search Press and a sewing basket from Korbond.



Sewing box from Groves & Banks plus threads from Exeter Sewing Machine Shop  for raffle prizes.


Thread set from Exeter Sewing Machine Shop bag from Groves







A couple of craft ebooks from Vivebooks


There will be lots of Kaffe Fassett goodies too..

Plus Coats Crafts are kindly giving lots of Kaffe Fassett goodies to be included in the bags too plus some raffle prizes. They haven't arrived yet so there are no pictures but they include a fat quarters, spools of thread, postcards, project leaflets.  The bags themselves are being provided by Janome
along with some other goodies. 

Jenna has a few treats at her shop ready to add in.  I won't have everything together until the day of the launch so I'll try to tweet and Instagram some pics as I put the goodie bags together.

I really hope to see you at the launch party.  If you're unable to make it but would like to but the book at a discount there's almost £4 off the cover price here. 


1 comment:

QuiltCandy said...

Oh how exciting, it sounds like a fantastic evening! And the goodie bag looks amazing, I wish I could be there!

Blogging tips