Wednesday 20 October 2010

Fiskars Competition

Fiskars Competition

Fiskars are kindly providing a pair of dressmaking shears (right handed worth £29.99) as a prize along with a pair of general purpose left handed scissors. So 1 prize for a left hander, and one prize for a right hander.


Fiskars are the leading brand in sewing scissors and can be purchased from John Lewis, Hobbycraft, The Range, Dunelm Mill and independent sewing and craft stores.

In order to enter please answer the question below:

What piece of sewing equipment could you not live without and why?
You can send us your entry using our entry form or by commenting on Facebook, Twitter or here on our blog. Don't forget to tell us whether you are left or right handed.

Terms & conditions
Employees of The Sewing Directory or Fiskars and their family members are not permitted to enter. Only 1 entry allowed per person. Winners will be determined using a random number generator. If you enter on Facebook/Twitter/blogger you need to send your address through within 2 weeks of the draw ending or another winner will be drawn. All entries must be received by 6pm on26/10/2010. Prizes can only be shipped within the UK and Ireland.

9 comments:

clare said...

Thanks for the chance x
I can't live without my sewing machine..as i can't hand sew to safe my life...i get my hubby to do all the hand sewing in the house..lol

Good luck everyone Hugs Clare x
Weekend Crafter x

clare said...

Me again....Im right handed Ty X

Caroline said...

I just got halfway through an entry on the entry form when my boss distracted me and I hit "submit" by accident! So...

I couldn't live without my seam ripper! Because it makes the recycling of old fabrics and zippers SO much easier... and because I don't yet get everything right first time!!

I'm right handed too!

Caroline x

Nikki said...

I instantly thought of my seam ripper, I wish I didn't need it so much but one way or another I end up using it on every item I make.

I dream of the day that it stays put in the sewing box as I sail effortlessly through each project ;)

Another right hander here too.

Nikki :)

Tabatha Tweedie said...

I agree with Caroline, I couldn't manage without my seam ripper/quick unpick. Even when I know a pattern inside out, I ALWAYS go wrong somewhere! It's so frustrating, but would be so much worse without the quick unpick!

Tabatha Tweedie said...

And I am right handed! Sorry I forgot to include that info!

Gill said...

Yet another right hander!
I couldn't live without my sewing machine - I use it every day
Gill

Tracey said...

You know my first thought was my seam ripper but I am always loosing it and have to live without it. But my sewing machine on the other hand ... well thats hard to loose because its always on its table ready to be used everyday!

Linnhe Mara said...

Hmm, what could I not live without ?
I've had to make do without my machine on occasion, when its in for its service or when I broke my foot and couldn't operate the pedal. I use my stitch ripper more than I should and but as I am always misplacing it I have learned to be very careful with my embroidery scissors, so I can live without it if needs be.
The one thing I can't live without would probably be my thimble. I was taught to sew with one many years ago and now I find it impossible to complete any hand sewing task without it.
( While the information that I'm right handed is important for scissors it doesn't matter where thimbles are concerned! : ) )

Blogging tips